Puerto Piano At A Glance
During a one-week program, you will have an opportunity for intensive musical study in private lessons and masterclasses, public performance, entrance to a piano competition, forging new friendships with fellow musicians, and enjoyment of the island's vibrant culture. As a participant you will be joining the ranks of the many great musicians that found inspiration on the beautiful island of Puerto Rico.
All our musical activities take place at the Conservatory of Music in Mirimar, San Juan. It is a beautiful state-of-the-art facility and an all-Steinway school. Lessons are held Saturday June 23 to Friday June 29. Lesson begin in the morning, masterclasses during the afternoon, and the day concludes with a recital. Practice rooms are reserved for festival participants at the Conservatory of Music.
- Participants receive a private lesson with each professor - five, fifty-five minute lessons.
- Participants may play in masterclasses, sign up is on a first-come-first serve basis.
- Participants will have two opportunities for public performance. The first is at the Steinway Society of Puerto Rico Music Room and the second during the final concerts.
- Participants may compete for the Steinway Award during the final two days of the festival.
During the week participants will have access to several group activities.
- Friday June 22 9 PM at the Courtyard Marriott pool deck will be a welcome and orientation meeting for all participants and faculty.
- All participants are invited to perform at the Steinway Society Cannon Club on Tuesday June 26 in a showcase recital. Transportation and dinner provided.
- All participants are invited to have an afternoon to enjoy at the beautiful Isla Verde beach. Transportation and lunch provided.
- All participants are invited to celebrate the after the conclusion of the final concert Sunday July 2.
Accommodations in Miramar
Participants will be paired in double rooms at the Courtyard Marriott. It is a ten-minute walk from the Conservatory of Music and is conveniently located in the heart of San Juan-Miramar District. The hotel has a pool, business center, wifi, and two restaurants. There are many other wonderful cafes and restaurants within walking distance as well as pharmacies and a grocery stores. If you need to travel further, there are taxis readily available as well as Uber.
Tuition and Fees
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.
- Tuition for nine-day intensive program is $1,200.
- Accommodations in a double room at the Courtyard Marriott for ten nights, $620.
- Tuition and room fee is due on May 7, 2018